5:30pm Networking | 6 – 7:30pm Program
Award Winning CEO of ALOM Global Supply Chain Mgmt
including the 2013 Silver Stevie Award as the best global woman-owned company
(which is also the Bay Area’s biggest)
Hannah discussed strategies and practical advice for creating an inclusive, performance oriented company culture with a CEO who is conscious about building a unique culture.
Key Take Aways included…
– Get a handle on what inclusiveness means and how you can make it happen in your company
– Develop new, creative culture strategies that deliver recognizable value to your customers
– Learn how to drive performance without driving people away (or into the ground).
But how do you define and nurture the right culture? What does it take to hire and manage for that culture? ALOM CEO Hannah Kain has contemplated this question throughout her management career. Born in Denmark, Ms. Kain brought a Danish leadership style to the company that she built over the last 18 years. A multi-year winner of one of the best 100 companies to work for in the Bay Area, winner of numerous management, industry, customer, and peer awards, ALOM is a midsized company making a difference to its customers, employees and the community.
Read an except from her book Scrappy Women in Business HERE
Her most recent leadership awards include:
– 2015 Manufacturing Institute STEP Ahead award
– 2015 YWCA Tribute to Women award
– 2014 NWBOC Eclipse award
– 2012 Silicon Valley Capitol Club wall of fame
– 2009 “Woman of Influence” Silicon Valley Business Journal
Event Location: BROADCOM – located at 190 Mathilda Place in Downtown Sunnyvale
(Downloadable map – SBODN Sunnyvale Event Location)
Safe underground parking and light snack provided
CONTINUE TO CONNECT: Walk to post event social hour at Turmeric on Murphy Ave.
Want to Avoid Traffic? – Only 2 blocks from Sunnyvale CalTrain station
Hannah Kain’s Bio
- Hannah Kain is President and CEO of ALOM, a global supply chain company she founded in 1997 headquartered in Fremont, California.
- Hannah was born in Denmark and immigrated to the US in 1990. She taught at Copenhagen Business School and is a published author with three university degrees and a 30 year management career.
- She has been honored with the 2015 Manufacturing Institute STEP Ahead award, the 2015 YWCA Tribute to Women award, the 2014 NWBOC Eclipse award, inducted into the Silicon Valley Capitol Club wall of fame in 2012, named a “Woman of Influence” by the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal in 2009, won the global Vistage Leadership Award in 2011, and was named a WBENC Business Star in 2012.
- Under her leadership, ALOM won the 2013 Silver Stevie Award as the best global woman-owned company. The company has also earned numerous quality certifications, including ISO 9000, ISO 13485, TL 9000 and DMSCA CMP Level 3. ALOM is FDA registered, Safe Harbor, WBENC, NWBOC, and CPUC certified.
- Hannah is a Board member of WBENC, the National Association of Manufacturers and Watermark, and former Chair of the Silicon Valley Board for the Women’s Initiative. She serves on the Advisory Council of Heritage Bank of Commerce and The Michelle R. Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University. Kain is a member of the exclusive invitation-only Committee of 200 for executive women.
- Learn more about her background at Hannah’s LinkedIn page
Date(s) - 11/02/2015
5:30 PM - 7:15 PM