Hack the Experience is the first-of-its-kind hackathon specifically designed for communications, HR, OD and CSR professionals to collaborate on building better employee experiences and higher levels of employee engagement.
How do we move the needle on employee engagement? It starts with first understanding the employee experience companies are creating – then hacking it at just the right places to generate meaningful change. HTE Flyer
Cost: $70 early bird registration until Feb 5; $100 registration after February 5; $30 student (Breakfast, lunch, snacks and wrap-up cocktail reception provided)
How it Works…
- Participants will be divided into small, interdisciplinary teams and challenged to put their best employee engagement ideas on the table.
- Teams will present their ideas to other participants and a panel of blue-ribbon judges, including senior leaders in the field of communications and human resources, academics and business thought leaders.
- Along with bragging rights, winning teams will also receive prizes, and ideas will be publicized in a follow-up report shared with all participants.
Tackling some of the toughest questions facing those working in the field of employee engagement:
- How do we attract and funnel the right candidates to our organization?
- How do you design an onboarding process that is organized, inspiring and structured – yet flexible enough for tailoring to different employee populations?
- How can communications help connect the dots between employees’ daily work and the bigger picture – company purpose, business strategy, etc?
- How do we facilitate meaningful opportunities for employees to make a positive impact on their communities or the environment?
Listen to Liz Kelly describe the event on a recent edition of Drive Thru HR (starts at 3:15 mark) HERE
Hack the Experience is brought to you by:
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), San Francisco Chapter – the largest, most skilled group of communicators in the Bay Area
- Net Impact – the leading nonprofit that empowers a new generation to work within and beyond business for a sustainable future.
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) Golden Gate Chapter – provides access to emerging trends and leading-edge resources, competency development, networking and professional growth opportunities for all those invested in workplace learning and performance
- South Bay Organizational Development Network (SBODN) – Silicon Valley’s change leader community for over 25 years.
- Brilliant Ink – an employee engagement and communications agency, and publisher of the award-winning Employee Experience Survey
Date(s) - 02/28/2014
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM