Monday, Apr 4 @ 5:30 – 7:30pm
LOCATION CHANGE (tonight’s program moved to following..)
UCSC-Extension Silicon Valley
2505 Augustine Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054
What are the challenges for leaders in the face of economic, social, cultural, and environmental change? How are issues of sustainability showing up in the organizations we serve? Are there new capabilities that must be developed, and if so, how? How do we prepare value-driven, idealistic, and realistic leaders for a sustainable future?
Five years into these questions as Core Faculty at Presidio Graduate School in San Francisco, Dr. Cynthia Scott shares her “work in progress” in designing programs to develop over 400 Sustainability Leaders in the MBA, MPA, and Executive Certificate Programs.
Cynthia will lead us in table discussions and provide insights into:
- How sustainability issues are showing up in our lives and organizations
- The “strange attractor” of sustainability, bringing together a generation of leaders seeking alignment between their personal values and organizational mission
- How multiple components of the leadership development process fit together.
You will leave with:
- Ways to use sustainability activation as a talent attractor and leadership opportunity
- Insight into your organization’s level of “sustainability activation” and next steps
- Ideas for bringing ecological worldview into your leadership development.
Cynthia is a seasoned executive who is astutely aware of the challenges any organizational change initiative can present. Cynthia is also a visionary who can look past the current challenges and create an actionable path for long-term and scalable organizational change and resiliency. Her background in anthropology, public health, and psychology has influenced her unique approach to behavior change, leadership development, and large-scale culture change.
Her latest book, Leadership for Sustainability and Change, provides a concise, practical, and energizing distillation of what is working for today’s most successful sustainability leaders.
Date(s) - 04/04/2016
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM