Monday, February 5, 2018
Presented by Octave V. Baker, Ph.D., Lecturer, Santa Clara University
Psychological safety is a key factor for successful team learning and innovation, says Amy Edmondson of the Harvard Business School.
Psychological safety is especially critical for teams in the science, technology, and engineering sectors. With the workforce in these organizations now more culturally diverse, their leaders urgently need the insights and skills to successfully lead multicultural teams.
Read more about Meeting the Challenge of Managing Diversity
(1) understand psychological safety
(2) learn key cultural differences that influence psychological safety
(3) identify specific actions for fostering psychological safety within culturally diverse teams.
• 5:30 pm – Registration, Light Snacks & Beverages
• 6:00-7:30 pm – Keynote Program
• 7:30-7:45 pm – Continue to network and share insights
• 7:45-9:00 pm – Social hour across street at Dish N Dash (optional)
Dr. Octave Baker teaches in the Engineering Management and Leadership Program at Santa Clara University, where he developed the unique “Strategies for Career and Academic Success” course for foreign-born technical professionals. His articles on managing the multicultural workforce can be found on his websites: www.comtc.co and www.movingupinamerica.com
Date(s) - 02/05/2018
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM